How do I still lose weight even on Vacation?
Vacations can be hard. Once I gained 12 pounds on a week and a half vacation. It took me 6 months to get those 12 pounds back off. Now I try to follow some of these tips whenever I vacation.
- Walk the beach instead of sunbathing.
- When traveling, bring healthy snacks instead of stopping at fast food places.
- Do the eating out tricks found in the “Eating Out for Weight Loss” post during your vacation.
- Splurge for one meal every other day.
- Eat healthy for breakfast and lunch and splurge a little at dinner.
- Take a walk around the terminal while you are waiting for your flight
- Do crunches, push-ups, and stretches everyday in your hotel room.
- Plan fun physical activities for your vacation like hiking, swimming, canoeing, skiing, walking while sightseeing, etc.
- Stay at a hotel with a fitness room.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
If you would like to evaluate your own diet and determine which tips work best for you, please take the free DIY Diet self assessment and evaluation developed by a registered dieititian.
Copyright © 2017 Mindfulness in Faith and Food.
You are free to retain any and all content here for personal use, but need permission to use it anywhere else on the internet.