Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links (See full disclosure). I also have included my favorite FREE money saving apps at the bottom of the post, and I receive incentives when you sign up for the free savings apps through my referral links. I love these products and apps and my opinions are my own.
Christmas Gift Wish List for the Christian Soul
The Gifts That Keep on Giving
I love Chistian inspired gifts that focus on showing kindness and love. These gifts do just that!
- I cried when I first read the The Sparkle Box: A Gift with the Power to Change Christmas book. No really! I cried right in the middle of the store. My husband just looked at me like, “There she goes again,” and “well, I guess we will be buying that!” This is the sweetest book about giving to others. The book includes a sparkle box (which is meant to be a gift we give to Jesus on Christmas day.) Throughout the Christmas season, your family is suppose to show kindness to others and then write down the kind act on a piece of paper. You put the paper into the sparkle box. On Christmas day, you open up the box and read the pieces of paper. The pictures are beatiful and the story is so sweet!
2. These Kindness Matters Cards – Box of 100 – Kindness Is Contagious Challenge Card are so sweet and full of great random acts of kindness ideas. My children and I love doing these random acts of kindness together throughout the year!
3. I don’t think children know how much the gift of their art means to others. When I get a colored picture from a child, my heart melts. One of the most meaningful acts of kindness a child or even an adult can give is a colored encouragement card. This is why I love the Bundle of Christian Art Gifts Inspirational Biblical Color-In Note Cards. I would love to get a gift like this because I could use this gift to spread more love. My family could color cards to give to our family members who are going through a tough time or to a friend who just had a new baby. We could color these cards and give them to nursing home residents or widows who are alone for the holidays. The opportunities to spread love are endless.
Family Time Gifts
4. I love spending quality time with my family. So I enjoy any gift that brings my family together. This is why I love The Art Of Christian Conversation cards. My children received similar conversation starter cards during Vacation Bible School this year. I must confess that I looked at the cards and thought, “those are cute,” and then sat them aside for a while. One night we picked them up and randomly decided to read a few before bed. I was hooked!!!! The great conversations my 7 year old son and I were having were unbelievable. I have come to cherish these conversations. When we finished the cards, even my son was disappointed. The cards not only got us talking about random everyday things, but also found a way to teach us too!
4. Did I mention I really love doing these Conversation cards with my family. So I am going to recommend a few more. The Art of Children’s Conversation cards are geared more towards children.
5. Okay last conversation start cards. These family-focused faith cards are called The Meal Box: Fun Questions and Family Tips to Get Mealtime Conversations Cookin’. Love it!
“Quiet Time with God” Basket
One of my favorite things to do is have some alone quiet time with God. I love to use this time to pray, read scripture, write in my journal, and just be comforted by the presence of God. So I would be so delighed if I recieved a quiet time with God basket as a gift. The basket could include little gems like a prayer journal, relaxing tea and a inspirational mug. The basket could even include a calming sented candle and a scripture coloring book. Below I have listed some of my favorite quiet time basket gift ideas.
6. If you have read some of my other posts, you know that I love journaling. See post here. The My Prayer Journal: A 3 Month Guide To Prayer, Praise and Thanks: Modern Calligraphy and Lettering and the The Weekly Prayer Project: A Challenge to Journal, Pray, Reflect, and Connect with God are beautiful journals.
7. This God Is Love Coffee Mug With Scripture – Psalm 143:8 – Graduation, Birthday, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Anniversary, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day Gift – Black Ceramic 11 oz Custom Printed in USA or this MerchGeek The Struggle Is Real But So Is God Coffee Mug (11 oz, White) would look great in the “Quiet Time with God” gift basket.
8. Add some calming tea like TranquilyTea Anti-stress Passion Flower Linden Pear Herbal Tea 3oz 40 cups NEW PACKAGING to the “Quiet Time with God” basket. This tea would go great witht the mug!
9. This uplifting scripture scented Candle – Rose Of Sharon Scripture Tin – 8oz fits in perfectly in the “Quiet Time with God” Basket or is a nice gift to give all on its own. Various scriptures and scents are available.
10. My final recommendation for the “Quiet Time with God” gift basket is the &34;The Word in Color": Hardcover Biblical Inspiration Adult Coloring Book. Coloring WHILE praying is a great way to quiet the mind and focus on the presence of God.
Scripture Jewelry and Decor
11. Jewelry engraved with scripure are beautiful and uplifting. Your Christian loved one may also love a prayer box necklace like the Silver Plated I Said a Prayer for You Today Prayer Box 18 inch Chain. I have a prayer box necklace, and I enjoy writing prayer request and prayers for loved ones in the box. I can remember who and what I would like to pray for where ever I go. What a great Christian inspired gift to give this year.
12. Finally, I love inspiring scripture home decor. I want people to feel uplifted and encouraged when they enter my home. What a great way to spread joy by having beautiful scripture decor througout your home!
I hope you liked these ideas. Do you have a favorite?
How to Get Coupons and Discounts When You Shop For Gifts
Lastly, I don’t want to write a shopping post without mentioning how to save money on many Amazon products plus products from a huge list of other stores. I always check three free apps before I buy anything.
These apps are Ibotta, Coupons.com, Ebates, and Swagbucks
Ibotta and Coupons.com
Ibotta and Coupons.com are very similar. I simply go to the app, select the coupons I want to use before I shop, and then I shop. I can either shop through the app if I am shopping online, or I can shop in a store and scan my receipt after I shop to get the rebates I selected. You can also add rewards cards to your app and the rebates are used automatically when you scan your store rewards card. For example, my Food Lion Card is on the app. I pick out the coupons I want to use on the app before I shop; then when the cashier scans my card at checkout, the discounts are included.
These apps are totally free. To sign up for Ibotta, click on the link below:
Sign up from coupons.com below:
I also like to use Swagbucks. For this app you get points for shopping at certain stores. These store selection is huge. I can buy items on amazon or a birthday present for my daughter at The American Girl store and earn points. You can also earn points by answering daily questions and taking surveys through the swagbucks app. You can use the points to get gift cards!!! And these are legit great gift cards. You can get $25 gift cards to Amazon, Bath & Body Works, Walmart and so much more! It is pretty amazing. Start getting swagbucks as my referral by clicking on the link below:
The final app I use is ebates. You can buy all kinds of products and save. Again, this app gives you discounts to a huge number of popular stores like Kohl’s, “Bed, Bath, and Beyond”, and of course, Amazon. The list goes on and on. Whenever I am about to buy somehting online, I check this app along with the other three apps to see if a coupon or rebate is available. You can download this app as my referral by clicking on the Ebates button below.
If you would like more gift ideas, check out “The Ultimate Gift Guide for the Health and Fitness Fanatic.”
Copyright © 2017 Mindfulness in Faith and Food.
You are free to retain any and all content here for personal use, but need permission to use it anywhere else on the internet.