Sometimes we get bored with our regular exercise routine and are ready for a change. Or perhaps you have always found conventional exercise boring. If you are looking for creative ways to get in your exercise, you have come to the right post. Check out these fun and creative exercise ideas. One might be boring and conventional to one person might be a perfect fit for another. You find what works for you.
This site contains affiliate links (See full disclosure here.)
- Use fitness dice like the 10-Sided Fitness Dice (pair)to make exercise a game.
2. Ride a bike. Bike riding is such an exhilarating way to workout!
3. Dance! Turn on some music or try a dance video game or dance exercise video.
4. Jump rope! 3-In-1 AB Wheel Roller Kit – Odoland AB Roller Pro with Push-Up Bar, Jump Rope and Knee Pad – Perfect Abdominal Core Carver Fitness Workout for Abs – with Workout Guide is a fun exercise set that includes an exercise jump rope.
5. Find different places to walk: Visit museums, zoos, farmer’s markets, parks, malls, or in a pool. Walking is so much fun when you are surrounded by interesting scenerary.
6. Swim or try water aerobics. Many gyms and community pools offer classes or you can purchase a water aerobics kit (Ivation Water Exercise Set – 6 Piece Set – Water Workout and Aerobics – Floatation Belt, Resistance Gloves, Dumbbells) and do your own pool workout.
7. Take an aerobics class. Many gyms have a large variety of classes so you may find the perfect type of class for you.
8. Play a sport. So many to try. You can often find beginner level classes for sports like Tennis.
9. Go for a hike.
10. Jump on a trampoline. You can use one in your backyard or get one meant for exercise like the Urban Repounder: MaXimus Pro Gym Rebounder Mini Trampoline with handle bar. Package Includes Great Compilation Rebound DVD, & 3 MONTHS FREE VIDEO MEMBERSHIP! 150kg user weight.
11. Mow the lawn (don’t use a riding lawn mower).
12. Take up Golf. Walk instead of using a golf cart.
13. Take a karate class.
14. Take a dance class: ballroom, jazz, ballet, tap, clogging, contemporary, line dancing. So many fun choices!
15. Watch you tube or music videos and try to learn the dances.
16. Take kickboxing.
17. Do an exercise video. The choices are endless. I love Beachbody on Demand. You have probably seen their DVDs on a commercial. This is the company that makes those amazing workout programs like P90X, Insanity, Piyo, 80 Day Obsession, and so much more. In fact, they have 600+ workouts. Now instead of purchasing one of their workout programs, you can do any of them by purchasing Beachbody on Demand. Once you purchase Beachbody on Demand, you can use any of their workouts for a whole year. You can do the workouts anywhere by playing them on your phone or iPad. They have everything from yoga to weight lifting to hip hop abs.
18. Try Yoga. You can do yoga at yoga studios and gyms or in your own home with the help of videos or yoga apps.
19. Palate. Like yoga, you can do palates at home or in a gym. Palates focuses on your core muscles and is a particularly great way to exercise your abs.
20. Try canoeing or kyaking. Canoeing is a great upper body workout you get to do in the beauty of nature.
21. Standing/cast fishing
22. Try fitness pole dancing
24. Take water aerobics
25. Try Zumba or Mixxed Fit. You can find classes at many gyms or you can use a dvd like the Zumba Fitness Incredible Slimdown DVD System.
26. In the pool, walk in deep water. You can even carry water weights if you want to take it up a notch.
27. Join and go to a gym.
28. Wash your car.
29. Play racquetball.
30. Play basketball with friends.
32. Run with a Friend.
33. Instead of exercising for 30 minutes to an hour, try sneaking in exercise throughout the day. You can find ways to sneak in exercise in the post “How to Lose Weight When You Are Too Busy to Exercise .” (This post could also be entitled “How to Exercise When You Get Bored Exercising for An Hour.”)
34. Find Ways to exercise while you are playing with your kids. For more exercising with your kids ideas check out the post, “How to Exercise Whe Your Kids Are Always Around.”
Want Some More Ideas?
- And there you have it. 31 exercise ideas. Try several of them or change it up regularly to keep it interesting and to keep your body guessing. You can use this fun list of ideas in conjuction with my other exercise posts to develop a specific workout plan for that works for you. Other posts you may want to check out are “How to Exercise When Your Kids are Always Around,” How to Lose Weight When you Are Too Busy to Exercise,” and “How to Develop your Own Exercise Plan.”
- You can also develop your own weight loss plan by using the free DIY Diet self assessment and evaluation developed by a registered dietitian. Use this questionaire to determine which tips work best for you.
Copyright © 2018 Mindfulness in Faith and Food.
You are free to retain any and all content here for personal use, but need permission to use it anywhere else on the internet.
This Website is hosted by Bluehost.