How do I Exercise When My Kids are Always Around?
- Plan a daily physical activity you can do with your child.
- Make your weekend family outings physical ones like biking, swimming, or miniature golf. Go to an amusement park, or a park and play on the playground. Go canoeing, rock wall climbing, hula hoop, fly a kite, ice-skating, or jump rope. Go to a bowling alley, batting cage, or hit golf balls at a driving range. Set up fun obstacle courses using fun outdoor toys, play outdoor games like catch or tag. Play laser tag or ultimate Frisbee,
- Walk around your yard while you kids play outdoor games.
- Play with your kids 30 minutes a day.
- Buy a set of hand weights and play a round of Simon Says with your kids. You play Simon Says with the weights; they play without weights.
- Swim with your kids.
- Walk the dog with your children.
- While watching child’s sporting events and practices, walk during time outs, half times, etc
- Play a physical Wii game with your children
- Play Twister with your children.
- Take a family walk after dinner.
- Push a stroller.
- Exercise or go for walks while you are waiting for your children at practices like dance, soccer, or piano practice.
- Exercise while child plays at park.
- Walk in the pool with your child or while your older child plays.
- You can even do sitting exercise when you are trying to be subtle like flexing your stomach or legs. Hold your legs just above the ground to strengthen you leg muscles.
- Go for a run with your stroller
- Do exercises with your stroller like squats, lunges, and jogging.
- Take the stairs with child.
- Set timer at home and dance with child before and after meals.
- Walk the perimeter of the playground while your child plays.
- If you would like to evaluate your own diet and determine which tips work best for you, please take the free DIY Diet self assessment and evaluation developed by a registered dieititian.
Copyright © 2017 Mindfulness in Faith and Food.
You are free to retain any and all content here for personal use, but need permission to use it anywhere else on the internet.