Are You Drinking Your Calories?
You could lose weight by simple decreasing your liquid calories. During one of my private nutrition counseling sessions, I learned that one of my clients was drinking 4, 12 oz bottles of soda a day, which was 620 calories total a day. When he switched to diet sodas he took out 620 calories from his diet a day!!! By just making this one change and changing nothing else about his diet, he lost almost 25 pounds in just 4 months!!! So if liquid calories is one of your issues, check out these top 5 tips for reducing liquid calories.
- Use fat free milk instead whole milk.
- Drink diet soda instead of regular soda.
- Consume alcoholic beverages in moderation, if at all.
- Order your coffee or hot chocolate with skim milk.
- Drink water or club soda with lemon or lime for added flavor.
- If you would like to evaluate your own diet and determine which tips work best for you, please take the free DIY Diet self assessment and evaluation developed by a registered dieititian.
Copyright © 2017 Mindfulness in Faith and Food.
You are free to retain any and all content here for personal use, but need permission to use it anywhere else on the internet.